Enhanced patient engagement with pre-arrival workflows
After a successful launch in April 2021, Comrad is pleased to announce the second release of our web-based patient engagement platform, Aura Care Connect.
Building on Aura Care Connect’s patient online appointment scheduling functionality, this new release provides a co-branded application for patient pre-registration workflows to be completed in the app and seamlessly integrated back into the COMRAD RIS workflow.
From the convenience of their own device, patients can securely access pre-arrival workflows in the Aura Care Connect application to:
- View their appointment details and download a summary to their calendar or save a copy to their device
- Complete, sign and submit web-based consent forms before they arrive in the practice
- Capture an image of their referral document or other relevant clinical documents, and securely upload them to the RIS
- View procedure instructions and preparation details for their appointment
- View information links related to their scan
Several enhancements have also been added to the RIS to ensure practice staff can proactively manage patient engagement workflows and easily determine where follow-up with patients is required.
Many of the tasks required to be completed by the patient upon arrival in the clinic are time consuming, manual and often prone to error. Patients can feel rushed to complete consent forms in the clinic which may include providing a detailed clinical history, list of current medications and answering personal questions regarding pregnancy and radiation exposure.
This can lead to a sub-optimal patient experience which may impact on repeat business or, in cases where the information provided by the patient contraindicates the scan that has been booked, can cause disruption and delays to the imaging schedule or require cancellation of the appointment. With the high costs associated with running a medical imaging business, it is imperative for practices to optimise staff efficiency and machine utilisation.
Aura Care Connect pre-arrive workflow provides a range of benefits to both patients and radiology practices.
Benefits to patients:
- An improved patient experience – the patient is better informed and prepared for their examination
- More time to complete pre-arrival information at home
- A streamlined arrival process for patients and reduced waiting times in-clinic
Benefits to practices:
- Increased practice efficiency, reduced data entry for staff and improved registration efficiency
- A reduction in DNA rates due to increased patient engagement before their appointment
- Improved quality of patient-completed consent forms made available prior to attendance
Please request a brochure or contact us to find out how Aura Care Connect can transform your medical imaging practice.