Employment type: Fixed term contract
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
About the role:
You will join as a fixed term contract intermediate Web design and development Engineer (ideally with some UI skills) and become part of the Agile product development team. You will contribute collaboratively, be creative and constructive with a strong passion for high quality software development. In this role you will use latest technology tools and will be able to lift your technical knowledge to a new level.
Ideally you will come from a structured Agile environment where you are used to a fast paced and interactive process. You will need to be based in Christchurch for the duration of this contract.
Your responsibilities will include:
- UI and user-centered design and development for web applications
- Prototyping of web applications using wireframe and low-fidelity prototyping tools
- Develop unit and integration tests for new functionality and review test scripts to ensure alignment with the quality assurance strategy
- Contribute to the design of products and technical decisions for web applications.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a strong background and experience in the following:
- A good understanding of software engineering practices.
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Strong understanding of build tools and Git version control
- Web application experience using Node.js (desirable)
If you’re interested in this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply here.