Held in chilly Chicago, RSNA 2015 (29 Nov-4 Dec) was a great venue for Comrad to keep a finger on the pulse of the latest trends in Radiology. Major trends in several key areas were highlighted at RSNA:
- Vendor neutral archives (VNAs) for storing DICOM and non-DICOM data.
- Universal Zero Footprint viewers are now available to view DICOM diagnostic-quality images on any platform without requiring download.
- Cloud-based imaging.
- Meaningful use: moving from ‘fee-for-service’ to ‘fee-for-value’.
- Incorporating American College of Radiology (ACR) guidelines into standard workflows and reporting.
- Analytics to support clinical outcomes – aiding image interpretation and patient diagnosis.
- Analytics trending from automated computer-assisted reporting to computer-aided diagnoses.
Systems & Solutions
- Fast health interoperability standards (FHIR) providing ease of integrating and sharing between systems and web applications.
- Security (of all systems and environments) a key priority from not only a technical perspective, but also development, people and cultural perspectives.
- 3D imaging and printing in medicine.
At Comrad, our aim is to keep informed of these trends and ensure that our solutions and services continue to deliver benefit to our customers well into the future, as these concepts become more widely adopted.